Monday, April 20, 2009

Note to Ben, June & Debra

This blog is just a sample for you all to check over. I thought it would be a good idea to make it really easy to share information with everyone, have it all in one place and create a way that everyone can share, report, or send in messages. It turns out that there is a very good network set up for just the purpose of keeping people connected during medical emergencies and it's called Caring Bridges.

It's set up the same as a blog, although more specifically for patients & families, and it may be a better way to share Sophie's progress with everyone you want. I'll look into what's involved in creating a webpage there for you. You may want to have both, one place where we can exchange information, research, etc. and another place where you'all can post and follow Sophie's day-to-day progress.

Ben, if you'd like for June or Debra to take over the 'computer' end of it, just send me their email addresses. But don't be intimidated by the technology--it can be easily learned, and you'll wonder how you managed without it once you know it!

Twitter
is also a great way that people stay in touch moment to moment because it uses text messaging and I can show you how to do this if you're interested. My kids keep me techno-savvy, but trust me, it's not very complicated!

Please give Sophie my best. When do you think that she'll be ready for a visit?

No comments:

Post a Comment